15 mins prep
200g Curly Kale, washed
4 Sticks of celery, washed
6 Granny Smith’s apples, washed
6 Kiwis, peeled
2 Cucumbers, washed
2 Lemons, peeled
2 Limes, peeled
1. Juice all of the ingredients
2. Serve and enjoy or decant in to a glass bottle with a cap and store in the fridge.
Tip: I have a glass every morning for breakfast followed by a banana.
– Kale contains high levels of glucosinolates, natural plant chemicals which block cancer-causing substances, stimulate detoxifying and repair enzymes in the body and suppress cancer cell division. It also contains flavonoids, which are needed for healthy circulation and to stimulate immune response, and plant sterols, important for keeping cholesterol levels low. In addition, curly kale is packed with B-vitamins that improve energy and bolster the immune system’s ability to mop up invader cells. It has high levels of antioxidant vitamin C and beta-carotene. It also contains vitamin K, which promotes blood clotting and healing, and good amounts of immunity-boosting minerals, including iron and zinc.
– Kiwis contain more vitamin C than oranges. Just one kiwi contains around 120% of an adult’s daily recommended intake.
– Lemons are a powerhouse of antioxidant vitamin C, which helps to boost the immune system and is vital for healthy skin and gums. They also contain limonene, a chemical which has been shown to slow the rate of cancer growth, and have antiseptic qualities to help kill germs.
(Source: The Top 100 Immunity Boosters by Charlotte Haigh)