I’ve been getting unusual sensations in my affected arm for the last 7 days so the question is…
What do I do now if this is the start of Lymphoedema!?
Ok, first and foremost, don’t panic! The sooner it’s treated the better the outcome. This is what I’m going to do…
- Call the Breast Care Nurse and explain what I’ve been experiencing and for how long. Arrange to see the hospital’s lymphoedema specialist.
- Call my MLD therapist and tell him all of the above and bring my monthly appointment forward.
- Continue with my rebounding workout because it’s a great lymph mover and keeps my arm supple.
- Revisit the YouTube links on SLD (simple lymphatic drainage).
- Throughout the day do the post-op physiotherapy exercises whenever I can. Aim to do these at least 3 times a day now.
- Take a flask of boiling water to work with me so I can de-congest my lymph whilst at my desk.
- Put sliced lemon in my filtered water whenever possible.
- Make sure I eat one banana a day.
- Drink pineapple juice.
- Move my grounding mat from my PC to my bed so I can get the benefit whilst I sleep.
At the moment I think that’s the best I can do whilst waiting to see the specialists.