There is a correlation between obesity and the risk of developing Lymphoedema after breast cancer surgery, making weight loss an important part of the recovery process.
A BMI greater than or equal to 30 poses a risk.
With that in mind I thought I would see what I could find to help anyone with a new year resolution to get fit and stay healthy. Not one to ever want to cut out the good stuff, I found these tips on how to stop overeating really interesting.
- Eat food from a smaller plates, it looks like you’re eating more
- Eat with your non-dominant hand and you’ll eat about 20% less
- Short fat glasses tend to hold more liquid than tall slim ones, so put your drinks in tall glasses to cut down on drinking
- Put a mirror in your kitchen or on your fridge and you’ll be more self conscious about what you’re eating
- Chew gum when you feel hungry to consume fewer calories
- Eat slowly and you’ll eat less
- Eat from red plates, it’s the colour associated with the word STOP
- Turn off your TV at meal times to eat up to 50% less
- Take a photo of all the unhealthy things you eat to cut down on your unhealthy eating by about a third
- Cut down on how many varieties of food you serve so you’re not tempted to try them all