We all have trouble sleeping from time to time. Recently I’ve tried listening to “soothing” music. Sometimes it works, others it doesn’t. When it doesn’t it can be incredibly frustrating.
This morning I came across a video which has an interesting list of suggestions of things for me to try:
- Blue light from computer screens stop your brain from producing a sleep hormone called melatonine. So in the hour before going to sleep turn off your pc or tablet.
- Make your brain tired by trying to think of an animal for each letter of the alphabet.
- You’ll feel most relaxed if your bed is furthest from the door and faces the door. This is because we have evolved to spot danger so we need to have time to react and run away.
- Behave as if you are sleepy and yawn to feel tired.
- Eat a banana to relax your body and mind.
- Listen to music.
- Sleep on your right side which is better for your heart.
- Actively try to stay awake and you will feel tired.
- When you start to fall asleep blood flow increases to your feet. Having warm feet increases the rate of flow to your feet, so wear socks to bed.
Last night I tried listening to the following soundtrack. It must have worked because I don’t remember it coming to an end.